Wednesday 1 June 2011

Winter

It is today the official first day of Winter here in the Southern Hemisphere, a time I look forward to greatly every year. I've always been more at home in the cold, which I'm told makes me quite odd, having been raised entirely within the confines of sunny Queensland. I suppose that fact makes me something of an odd one out in that regard, but I don't mind in the slightest. It's been getting swiftly colder for the last few weeks now.

I love this time of year since it allows me the chance to break out my fantastic warm jacket and other winter clothes. On that topic however, I have realised that having lost some weight over the intervening seasons, I will need to go shopping for new outfits. I fear that I shall need to impose on my more stylish friends (Jayne, et al) to ascertain where one may acquire suitable attire at a modest price.

Winter also gives me just the excuse I need to sit around at home of an evening with a good book in one hand, and a cup of Tea in the other. I have lately not been reading anywhere near as much as I usually would, probably due mostly to having to move to a new unit, and all the assorted tasks that go along with that most disruptive process - Not the least of which is packing everything you own into boxes, and then being unable to find things you need for weeks!

Bring on the Cold Weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment